Monday, July 19, 2010

Training and Racing

Well today marks the first official day of training for the Winter racing schedule....we have to race distance in the winter down here in Florida! I have always thought it was hilarious that the first day of most Training Plans calls for "Rest". You haven't really started if you aren't doing anything on the first day are you? Well, I did rest today, but that we because I put in four solid days leading up to today. They were the following:
Thursday-6 Miles, 8:34 pace
Friday-5 easy miles, 9:10 pace
Saturday-6.5 trail miles, 11:50 pace
Sunday-10 Miles, 9:09 pace

Feet felt great every day. I am ready to rock. I have 21 weeks planned right now. That will lead me up to the Ancient Oaks 100 Miler. I emailed the Race Director tonight asking for my invitation to the race. They usually keep a few spots for sacrificial virgins. One of them should be me. Other race plans this season include:
Ironhorse 100K-Feb
Oscar Scherer 50K-March
Croom 50M-April
and possibly Keys 50M in May

It's about to get exciting, stay tuned for weekly training updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment