Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Forgot to Update

So I'm not very good at updating my workouts. I fall behind using www.mapmyrun.com also. I have had some great workouts over the last week. One great one came on Monday. Ran 9.5 tempo run at about an 8:30 pace. I am getting there. Well, I was getting there before my mishap yesterday. I rode the 4 miles over to the pool using a bike I borrowed from a friend. I got a good swim workout in and then headed home. Turning onto my road, I wanted to get into the high gear and power down the homestretch. Well, when you change gears, you have to be careful that you don't hit the front tire with your fingers. If you aren't careful, you end up sliding down the pavement. My entire left side is mangled. Elbow, hip, leg, knee, ankle and destroyed a shoe. Picked myself up, dropped a few F-bombs, checked myself over to make sure I didn't break anything too bad, straightened out my handlebars, put the chain back on and finished the ride. The peroxide hurt worse than the actual fall. Now I just need the cuts to dry out and heal up enough to get some workouts in before the final Triathlon next Saturday. I will plan on updating as soon as I can get back out there, run, bike or swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment