Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bill's Beer Run

Today was the 21st Annual Bill's Beer Run. The legs were feeling great (surprising after 30 miles 2 days ago) but my left foot was really hurting. I think I just beat the crap out of it. Last year here was my first 5 Mile race and I had to pull out a 7:30ish last mile to break 40. This year, considering, I was just gonna pace Andrew Blix to a sub 40 PR for himself. At the turn, I had the urge to take off, and Andrew didn't. So I just went ahead and finished in 37:02, a new PR! Andrew was moving well enough for a PR of 38:42 himself! My first race in the 30-34 AG and I took 7th! Boy am I glad they go 10 deep here! I really am starting to desire short races less and less but I think I will put Bill's on my schedule every year because it is so much fun. BTW, I have had the pleasure of running with "Bill" a few times. Bill Menard is a 2X Badwater Champion and he did mention that he has 1 more time out there in him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment